July 22, 2009

The Song of the Summer















Every summer has its song. I remember years ago, at Camp Rim Rock, when the Ace of Base song "The Sign" was played continuously for 2 months.

Last summer, the song of the summer was certainly "Calabria" in South America. Corey and I spent many an evening in Peru dancing to that lovely cancíon.

This summer, Guatemala is having a love affair with Pitbull. His lively, dance-friendly song is "I Know You Want Me"...download it now.

This song is so popular here in Guatemala that one of my friends, Aaron, stated that this may be the only song in circulation in Guatemala right now. I am not sure it is to that extreme (yet) but certainly, you can count on at least 3 rounds of Pitbull in a good night of dancing (plus the mandatory nightly Michael Jackson tribute and various renditions of Thriller).

I think I love Pitbull -- so much, in fact -- that next week I am heading to his concert. I need to return to Guatemala City for my flight to Honduras, so I will budget in an extra day for another authentically Guatemalan experience. Granted, between now and then, I should probably listen to at least 3 other Pitbull songs.

I took a picture of the advertisement in today's El Periodico so you can enjoy a full shot of Pitbull. Reading the paper is a daily habit of mine that continues to provide many benefits!

1 comment: